We invite all postdocs at TUM to join the TUM Postdoc Days 2019. The events include a series of workshops as well as an Infofair for postdoctoral researchers who are already conducting research at TUM.
During the Postdoc Infofair on April 2, 2019, young researchers have the opportunity to receive information about the programs of the most important German Funding Organizations and to learn more about Offices/Points of Contact at TUM which support young scientists.
The following participants will be present at the fair:
- German Research Foundation (DFG)
- European Liaison Office of the German Research Organisations (KoWi)
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH)
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
TUM Offices/Points of Contact:
- TUM Research Funding Support/TUM Talent Factory
- TUM Faculty Recruiting
- TUM Alumni & Career
- TUM International Center
- TUM Patents and Licenses
- TUM Entrepreneurship
- Web Communications Team
- TUM Sprachenzentrum
- TUM University Library
- Equal Opportunity Office
- International Graduate School of Science and Engineering (IGSSE)
- Qualification Program of the Chair of Research and Science Management (TUM School of Management)
April 2, 2019, 9.30-14.00, IAS Faculty Club
Registration: The registration for the fair is already closed. if you want to participate, place contact the TUM Talent Factory directly via email@example.com.
Join our panel discussion on science communication after the fair. The discussion will take place at 14.00 at the IAS Auditorium.
Science Communication & Public Outreach Activities
April 2, 2019, 14.00, IAS Auditorium
The discussion brings together different stakeholders in a discussion on outreach activities to promote science. We want to encourage young researchers to promote their research outside their labs to a wider audience e.g. via social media, videos, talks, science slams and other outreach activities. In addition, we want to address the need to reflect on the role which researchers assume in the public/media. At TUM ForTe, we see that outreach activities are of growing importance for third party funding and need to be addressed in proposals.
The panel discussion thus intends to raise awareness of opportunities as well as challenges to engage in this field. We want to use the opportunity to hear from the audience about their outreach activities to exchange experience and inspire other researchers.
- Dr. Pablo Lanillos, MSCA Fellow at the Chair for Cognitive Systems (ICS), TUM Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Prof. Dr. Matthias Nießner, Professor for Visual Computing, TUM Department of Informatics
- Dr. Sarah Schönbauer, Postdoc, Science and Technology Policy at the Munich Center for Technology in Society (MCTS)
- Andreas Schmidt, TUM Web Communications Team
- Dr. Holger Finken, Head of Section Research Fellowship Programmes, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
The discussion will be hosted by TUM ForTe (Dr. des. Neele Meyer). No registration required.
In addition to the fair, postdocs can take part in a series of workshops. Please find the programme and registration link here. The initial registration phase is already over. We will provide information about remaining seats for workshops soon.
If you have any questions, please contact the TUM Talent Factory via firstname.lastname@example.org.