Information on how to apply for the Pan-European Seal Programme
The application documents for the Pan-European Seal Programme can be downloaded here as a .zip-file (4.8 KB).
We provide the following services to all TUM members who intend to apply for a patent for an interesting idea, a project at developmental stage, or a finished product:
- Personal consulting for inventors (also on-site consulting)
- General information on industrial property rights
- Information on the German Employees’ Inventions Act
- Identification of patentable research results
- Assistance with preparing and submitting Report of invention
- Assistance with preparing and submitting Report for computer programmes §69b UrhG
- Acceptance of the invention disclosure form
Within the framework of collaboration of Bavarian universities and Bayerische Patentallianz GmbH, we provide:
- Free assessment of your invention in terms of patentability and patent merit requirements
- Free filing of a patent application by TUM if the invention is considered patentable
- Financing, coordination and monitoring of the patenting process
- Commercialization of the invention/the patent in collaboration with the inventor and "Bayerische Patentallianz"
The royalty proceeds will be split between the inventor, TUM, the TUM department/institute concerned, and "Bayerischen Patentallianz". Pursuant to section 42 of the German Employees’ Inventions Act, the inventor will receive 30% of the gross commercialization income.
Click here for a detailed description of the TUM patent policy.